Thanks to the exercise swaps, which make it easy to scale exercises up or down, this program is a good fit for you if:
- You’re a novice to intermediate exerciser / lifter where you’re comfortable with using dumbbells, bands, and / or barbell technique.
- Note, you do NOT need barbell experience to complete this program, nor is this program designed to teach you how to use barbells BUT if you have a basic understanding of barbell technique + how to use them safely and want a program that includes them for the major lifts (squat / deadlift / chest press / OH press) barbell exercise swaps have been included for you.
- You consider yourself a beginner in the sense that you’ve never done a dedicated strength training program before, but you’ve done Peloton strength, barre, BeachBody, or BodyPump style classes in the past and are comfortable with trying things on your own.
- You have some experience with basic strength work
- You’ve done any of my intro strength programs, including Kettlebells Made Simple, PUSH IT, or Strength for Hypermobility.
- You have a history of pain or injury, but it is well managed by your care team and / or you understand how to modify exercises to meet your needs.
This program is NOT a good fit for you if:
- You want long form exercise tutorial videos for every exercise in the app.
- The majority of the demo videos within the app are 15 to 30 seconds with brief written instructions that offer key form tips and tell you the target muscle groups. There are no verbal cues in the video. This is because the videos are meant to act as a simple reference, so you can efficiently move through the workout. You can find longer exercise explanations for some exercises in the Total Package Resources Library.
- You have numerous, complicated injuries that would make it difficult to adapt a DIY program to your needs
- You are currently struggling with chronic pain that makes it difficult for you to perform day to day tasks.
- You are unable to safely get up and down off the ground.
- You have a recent, active, or untreated injury.
- You have not been cleared to exercise by your physical therapist or medical provider.
If you are still unsure of if this program will be a good fit for you, please email me at email@example.com and I’ll be happy to help you make an informed decision.