The various forms of EDS and Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder (HSD) exist on a spectrum. This means that severity of symptoms will vary. As a result, I cannot make a general statement about if this program is right for you.
This also isn’t a “hypermobility specific” program, because there really isn’t such a thing as “hypermobility safe” exercises.
Rather, there are certain aspects of programming that may make strength training feel better in our bodies, such as props, multiple exercise options, and ways to increase or reduce intensity to match how we feel that day. Total Package Strength includes all of these things. I’ve also included a few additional hypermobility resources in the Total Package Resources Library.
Below are additional considerations to help you decide if you want to join.
This program is right for you if:
- You want to get stronger, but need a program that has considerations for hypermobility, such as ways to reduce the volume (amount) of exercise, props, and exercise modifications.
- You’re comfortable with basic strength movements, such as squats, rows, and overhead presses.
- You feel comfortable trying new exercises or following a program without supervision
- You have a history of pain or injury, but it is well managed by your care team and / or you understand how to adjust things to meet your needs
- You can safely get up and down off of the ground.
- You’ve been cleared to exercise by your physical therapist or medical provider
This program is NOT for you if you are:
- Currently struggling with chronic pain that makes it difficult for you to perform day to day tasks.
- Unable to safely get up and down off the ground.
- Have a recent, active, or untreated injury.
- Have not been cleared to exercise by your physical therapist or medical provider.
- Do not feel safe performing unsupervised exercise.
- Have numerous, complicated injuries that would make it difficult to adapt a DIY program to your needs
- You want a program tailored exclusively to hypermobility. Total Package Strength is a general program with considerations to meet the needs of hypermobile humans, but it’s not hypermobility specific.
Still unsure? Email me at email@example.com and I will be happy to help you make an informed decision.